So, I’m currently on a sort of vacation. Came to Texas to celebrate the wedding of one of my significant other’s uncles. It was a beautiful (and thankfully short) wedding, and the reception was wonderful. For the first time in… ever, I danced for about two hours. There was a line dance or two, including the fiend of the 90s (it begins with an “m”, I can’t speak its name).
There were also two dances that were not with Christa. One was with her aunt, who I’m particularly fond of, and the other was with her mother. Now, her mom is one of the greatest people I know and more than likely a suitable candidate for sainthood (as soon as we can get her to perform a miracle, we’re golden), and we both saw that dance as a prelude to one we’ll have a little over a year from now.
For those wondering, if you haven’t heard, I am, in fact, getting married. And after attending the wedding and reception yesterday, I have compiled a list of demands for my wedding.
1) Christa needs to walk down the aisle to the music from Tetris A, a theme from the popular game.
2) Before the vows, I want one of my best friends to sing a part from “Darkness and Starlight,” the opera from Final Fantasy VI.
3) Karaoke at the reception.
4) Live Twitter, Facebook, and Ustream feed.
5) A false brick wall on the altar so that when the priest says “Do you take her to be your lawfully wedded wife?” I can jump through and scream “OH YEAH!”
6) Honeymoon to either Hawaii or over the rainbow.
7) Wedding vows to be exchanged with the lyrics to “I Would Do Anything For Love”.
If these demands are not met, a disaster beyond your imagination will occur… Ok. The Phantom of the Opera reference might’ve been too much.